Introducing our brand new Solar metal RidgeBlaster™ roof fan and solar panel for boosting your attic ventilation on metal roofs. It is a perfect application for sheds, garages and even homes with metal roofs. Remove hot attic air from the highest point even more effectively with Solar metal RidgeBlaster™!
So how does this attach to a metal roof?Glad you asked. Before installing the final ridge vent cover, you attach the floating footprint flashing under the ridge vent cover with the fan attached using the copper-clad mounting brackets right inside the ridge vent opening. Then connect the two ends of wire to the panel and that's it. Our RidgeBlaster products include maintenance-free flashings. This features a very clean-looking installation application.
Can this be installed on a metal roof that already has ridge venting?Ideally, these vents and fans should be installed before the ridge vent cover is installed. But if you know how to remove your ridge vent cover, then by all means, you will certainly be able to install our Solar metal RidgeBlaster on your roof.
- Solar-powered fan vent that ventilates a home's attic, shed or garage on metal roofs
- Added advantage over other vents because ridge vents exhaust air at the highest point
- Helps remove hot, moist air faster than a passive ridge vent alone
- Helps promotes uniform air movement throughout the vented space
- Helps minimize mold/mildew growth
- Helps prevent moist wood that can lead to rot and pest infestations
- Improves your living space by removing the hot, oven-like temperatures in a home's attic
- Makes a shed or garage into a cooler work environment
- Improves the air quality in sheds and other work spaces by promoting fresh air movement
- Prevents from rusting in sheds and garages because moist air is being removed
- The three fan configuration allows the fans to turn on individually and gradually as the sun rises and produces more and more solar energy.
- Floats on top of the metal sheeting and is secured under the ridge vent cover.
- Easily installed
- The fan works whenever the sun shines (no thermostat needed and no on/off switch is needed)
- The ridge vent itself always works as a passive vent 24 hours a day, rain or shine
- 25 year-rated solar panel (3 Watt)
- 50,000 hour-rated fan (15 years at 9 hrs/day)
- 2700 rpm / 39 cfm two-ball bearing fan
- Patent-pending fan mount that fits right below the ridge vent opening
- Two copper-clad mounting brackets
Watch the Fan Work
Alternative Use on a Gable Vents:
If your home has gable vents, place one of our Solar Metal RidgeBlaster vents on the sunniest side and help move air through your gable vent.
Alternative Use on a Flat Tile Roofs:
If your home has O'Hagin's flat tiles, place one of our Solar Metal RidgeBlaster vents to boost the flat tile vent's effectiveness in getting all that hot, moist air out of your attic!
NEW Long Extension Switch cable
If your application of this product requires a longer cable than the one included, we are now offering a 16' extension cable that can be connected to a switch. This cable includes a 7ft long section that runs from the fan to the solar panel and a second 16ft long section that runs from the panel to a switch. Wire it to a switch of your choosing (not included). This accessory works alongside the Solar RidgeBlaster and Metal RidgeBlaster only.
Solar Metal RidgeBlaster™
Solar Metal RidgeBlaster™ comes with the following:
- 3W solar panel
- one 2700rpm/39cfm two-ball bearing fan
- patent-pending fan mount
- 80 gauge, marine-grade aluminum lower flashing that secures under the metal ridge cover
- unique under ridge fastening system that requires no fasteners through the metal roof.
- no-maintenance roofing flashings
- two copper-clad mounting brackets
- packet of mounting screws and zip ties to neatly fasten wire
- install one vent every 8-10' across the ridge
- installation instructions
ON SALE $124.97
ON SALE $124.97